This chocolate brownie jar is an easy (and last minute) gift idea, that’s perfect for all occasions – birthdays, mother’s day, and thankyous. It goes down a treat each and every time and it’s a super simple gift that everyone can enjoy!
You will need:
1 mason jar
Label to decorate
Wooden spoon optional
- ¾ cup oat flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp cornflower
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tablespoons psyllium husk
- pinch of salt
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ½ to ⅔ cup vegan semi-sweet chocolate or dark chocolate chips – I use Ooh! Let’s bake 72% dark chocolate
- ⅓ cup Arbonne chocolate protein powder
- 2 tbsp flax seed meal - flax seed ground into fine flour
Wet ingredients to be added:
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Make the brownie mix for your jar:
Mix all the dry ingredients together and store in a Mason jar.
Decorate your jar, add a nice label and even a wooden spoon and set aside. Ensure you add instructions for adding wet ingredients and baking instructions…
To make the brownies
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F/180 degrees C.
2. Line a brownie pan with parchment paper.
3. Empty the dry ingredients from the jar into a bowl.
4. Heat the wet ingredients in a pan over a low heat until the almond milk is almost boiling and the coconut oil has melted.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
6. It will make a thick batter. Drop the thick batter onto the prepared tin. Press down to even out using a spatula and bake for 15-20 minutes. Cool for at least 20 minutes before slicing.
For variation add 1/3 cup chopped walnuts or dried cherries to dry ingredients if you like to add interest.
Do not over bake. The brownies are done when a toothpick inserted 1 inch from the sides comes out clean. The centre might be gooey (I like them like this) but it will continue to cook once set aside.