I have a new healthy treat in my lunch box this week!
I’m always looking for healthy, low or no sugar snacks which I can eat when I feel the need for a quick pick me when out and about or on the go. Sometimes a homemade bar wrapped in foil or in a plastic container just doesn’t cut it and you need a more portable bar. If you do have the time to make your own, here’s my go-to recipe for protein bars.
My favourite health and wellness brand Arbonne has yet again come up trumps having launched two new protein rich snack bars this month. They continue to amaze me with their fresh approach to health, having created two new healthy snack bars inspired by nature but with an emphasis on scientific advancements to help drive performance and results. It’s all about absorption of nutrients by our bodies.
Have you ever stopped at the service station to fill up with fuel and been suckered into grabbing a healthy flapjack which turns out to be not so healthy. I was checking out the competition to these new Arbonne protein bars today and couldn’t find a bar with less than 15g of sugar in it. I’ll keep hunting but if that’s really the case these bars are more exceptional than I thought.
What’s fantastic is that they deliver 10 grams of plant based protein and 4 grams of fibre, with no artificial ingredients and just 5 grams of sugar. Yes I really did say only 5 grams of sugar!
And they’re vegan too meaning Arbonne uses non-dairy chocolate in its Dark Chocolate & Sea Salt snack bars, and real dried fruit in its Cranberry & Pumpkin Seed bars. So no there’s no reason not to ditch the crisps and choose a snack that tastes great, and feels even better!
Key benefits I love:
- Delicious snack option containing 10g of vegan protein and 4g of fibre per bar
- Pumpkin and sunflower seeds add crunch and flavour
- Available in Dark Chocolate & Sea Salt Flavour and Cranberry & Pumpkin Seed, both with sunflower and pumpkin seeds throughout
- Dark Chocolate & Sea Salt Flavour features a drizzle of non-dairy but delicious chocolate on top
- Cranberry & Pumpkin Seed has dried fruit along with
sesame seeds for added crunch
- Convenient, on the go snack option for busy lifestyles and travelling
- Suitable for the entire family to enjoy
- No artificial colours, flavours or sweeteners
- No trans-fat or cholesterol
- 10g of natural vegan protein derived from peas is easily digestible while delivering essential nutrients, protein and fibre
- Good source of fibre
- Low sodium
Or, if you’d like to make your own healthy snacks, then you could also consider homemade hummus, a handful of almonds, or even these raw chocolate bites – yum!
If you want more healthy snack or meal inspiration, my thirty days to healthy living programme could be for you – with lots of meal ideas, shopping lists and support across the month you can start eating healthier and feeling amazing – message me more for more information!