Whose joining us on Weds 6 May to cook with their kids. This week at 2.30pm we're adapting one of my favourite breakfast muffins to 'lock down' so you can use whatever staples you have in the cupboard. These are really fail proof so go for it. You can even add grated carrot, courgette or pumpkin!
Makes about 20 cookies
- 2oog gluten free rolled oats
- 100g unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 eggs or 2 flax eggs if vegan*
- 200g smooth seed or nut butter
- 120ml maple syrup, honey, agave syrup or other liquid sweetener
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 75g dried fruit, such as sultanas, cranberries or chopped apricots
- 35g pumpkin seeds, chopped
- 35g sunflower seeds, chopped
*For two flax eggs, combine 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed meal with 6 tablespoons warm water. Stir and let sit for 15 minutes to form an egg like consistency.
- Prepare the flax eggs as described above.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF/175ºC. Line two large baking sheets with greaseproof paper or greace a baking tray if you dont have any greaceproof paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients (oats, coconut, baking powder, baking soda, salt, dried fruit).
- In a saucepan, melt the nut or seed butter, liquid sweetener, vanilla whisking until smooth. Add the flax egg.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and mix everything together until the mixture resembles a cookie dough.
- If the dough is too sticky to handle, refrigerate it for 10-15 minutes to firm up slightly.
- Add an ice cream sized scoop of dough onto the prepared baking sheet spacing them about 1 inch apart. Leave them in round hummocks or lightly flatten the top of each cookie with your hands or a fork.
- Bake the cookies for 15-20 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the tray then use a spatula to carefully transfer them to a cooling rack.
If you make these amazing cookies share a pic on my Instagram or Facebook and let me know what fruit combinations you like most.
If you liked this recipe you may also enjoy