Oh these little bars of heaven are oh so good. When I first made them they were devoured within minutes so if I want to keep them for more than a few days I have to double the batch ingredients (which fits in my tin better too) and pop them in the freezer, ideally with a label no one can read but me!
They are super easy to make and because they are 'no bake' you could even get your kids making them. It's amazing how much easier they'll eat home made bars if they had a hand in the making of them. And because these are super tasty they'll want to share them with their friends too.
- 11/2 cups gluten free oats, ground into a flour
- 1 cup Arbonne Essentials Vanilla protein powder
- ½ cup almond butter (or peanut butter)
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoon coconut oil
· Chocolate bark topping
- · ½ cup coconut oil
- · ½ cup cacao powder sifted
- · 1/4 cup maple syrup
- · 1 tablespoon smooth almond butter (optional)
1. Line a 9x5 baking tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine oat flour and Arbonne Essentials Vanilla Protein powder.
3. In a small pan over a medium heat, add almond butter and honey, stirring until the almond butter is melted and fully combined with the honey. Stir in vanilla extract.
4. Remove from heat and pour into the dry mixture. Stir until everything is fully combined.
5. Pour into prepared loaf pan. Using a spatula spread the mixture evenly in the pan, pressing down firmly to ensure all the mixture sticks together.
Chocolate Bark topping
- Melt the coconut oil over a low heat in a small pan.
- Add the sifted cacao power and maple syrup and combine
- Add the almond butter and stir thoroughly.
- Pour over the vanilla base and spread evenly. Put the tray back in the fridge for 2 – 3 hours or overnight to set
Cut into bars once the bark topping is set.