These little balls are so easy to make and mouth-wateringly delicious.
You simply put everything in a bowl, mix for a little, roll them into a ball shape and they are ready to eat in a matter of minutes.
Children will love making them with you too. They are raw, grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, refined sugar free, and even paleo-friendly?
But what I really love is that they are super tasty.
(Adapted from Mike at The Iron You)
Makes about 30 balls
1 ½ cups almond flour
⅓ cup coconut flour
Pinch of salt
6 tablespoons maple syrup or honey (if using honey pick one with a mild taste)
4 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Zest of one lemon
4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1. In a large bowl combine almond flour, Arbonne protein powder, coconut flour, and salt. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl combine maple syrup (or honey), lemon juice, vanilla extract, and lemon zest.
3. Using an electric mixer slowly add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until fully combined. With the mixer on, gradually add coconut oil until it is blended in (it will look like crumbs but should be soft enough that if you squeeze it with your fingers it will stick together.)
4. Lightly oil or wet your hands, then scoop one dessertspoon of coconut mixture and roll it into a ball.
3. Repeat to make 30 small balls. Roll them in shredded coconut flakes as you go along if you want to.
4. Place coconut balls onto a lined baking sheet and transfer to the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
Keep them stored in the refrigerator. These are perfect on the go snacks when you just need a little bit of something but want to make sure there’s nothing naught in them at all. They always go down a treat with Mr H and Miss H too!